Thursday, April 30, 2015

Own It!



I was reading Erika's blog today and it led me over to Christina's blog and I just had to join in on the fun! The "Own It" series is all about accepting the crazy things that you do. So here I am owning up to all my crazy.

 http://www.artistsinbusiness.com/images/fullsize/salmon-pink-coral-zinnia-hair-flower-clip-1.jpg

1. I am terrified of birds. It all started about 3 years ago when Seth and I went to Chicago for a weekend trip to visit our friends Landon and Chelsie. When we were walking from our hotel to the metro station their were pigeons everywhere and every time that go close to me I would freak out a little.

Something about the idea of them touching me totally gives me the heebie jeebies. It has now become a source of a joke between my friends and me, and once I found a fake black bird in my refrigerator (and yes I screamed like a little girl).
http://jemweston.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/page-break.png

2. I once cried and got VERY mad at Seth because he got me the wrong food from Subway. All I wanted was a nice Subway salad with all the fixings, and what I ended up with was a plain chicken breast sub with just lettuce and mayonnaise on it.

 To give full disclosure I had text Seth my order and he only received half of the message which led to the dreadful sandwich. I'm sure there were other factors that contributed to my emotional state, but I guess I do take my food pretty seriously ;). 
http://jemweston.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/page-break.png

3. I will let our house get really messy and at first it won't bother me. Eventually it will get so bad that I either have to go into "crazy cleaning mode", or avoid the house at all costs and put it off until later. I think this drives Seth crazy because he never knows exactly when I'm going to decide its time to be clean. What can I say it's one of my quirks ;).
http://jemweston.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/page-break.png

4. I HATE mornings, and I'm usually not very nice during then either!  Just to explain to you how much I enjoy my sleep I have my morning schedule down to 20 minutes. I get out of bed at 8:00 a.m get dressed, do my hair and make up, brush my teeth and leave for work by 8:20 a.m. I REALLY want to change this and have even been reading articles like "How to Become a Morning Person"(so far it hasn't been working.)


This is truly the tip of the ice burg when it comes to my "crazy". Sometimes it's nice to just embrace the quirks about yourself!

3 comments :

  1. Thanks for joining in, lady! Happy to have found your blog too! Haha getting an order wrong is serious – when my husband comes home with the wrong thing, I get a little upset too! Same about the cleaning! I let it all pile up and then go to down in a huge cleaning session!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you get ready in 20 minutes!! I leave myself an hour and I'm still often running late. Major admirations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand on the morning person thing. I'm NOT a morning person, as in don't even talk to me while I'm getting ready in the morning..and I too have perfected getting ready in 20 minutes. And it college it was more like 10 minutes. Way to own it girl!

    ReplyDelete